Update to the latest version.
Starts with disabled extensions in case they are causing problems:
Do a “Firefox Refresh”:
': search for link text. Enter click will go to the destination.
Ctrl + L: location bar
Ctrl + K: search bar
F6: web page
Ctrl + Shift + C: open inspector on element selection mode. Hover over elements to analyse them
Ctrl + Shift + I: toggle inspector
Tools without shortcut
Settings from the CLI
Restore old linear search engines interface: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1033968 on
toolkit.scrollbox.verticalScrollDistance: change how much the down key scrolls up and down. Default
3was too little for me:
Ctrl + Q from closing the app: http://askubuntu.com/questions/10880/disable-ctrlq-in-firefox-without-keyconfig-extension Only seems possible with extensions. There is an extension just to do it: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/disable-ctrl-q-shortcut/
Enable spell check in
input text fields (by default only on
Allows you to view and modify a request after triggering it on the website, but before it gets sent: a popup opens, the and request waits for you to modify it.
Great to try and hack websites. Better than curl when there is authentication because the authenticity tokens and cookies are all there.
Automatically reload page if local file was modified.
Great for previewing HTML output from lightweight markups like Markdown.
Permanently show little unique numeric ID boxes for each link.
You can configure:
- which characters can be used for the IDs.
- only show link numbers on a given key press. Tip: use the same key that you use to open the links, e.g. Ctrl or Alt.
Argg, so easy in Chrome: http://www.howtogeek.com/100999/how-to-use-multiple-profiles-in-google-chrome-like-a-ninja/
Open tab next to old one
- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1053542?fpa=1 Tab Mix Plus?
Show tabs vertically
- https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tree-style-tab/ (annoying because it changes a lot of behaviours)
- https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/vertical-tabs/ (broken on 45)