Short focused articles. Updates on Twitter: https://twitter.com/cirosantilli
- Trended on Hacker News
- x86 Bare Metal Examples on 2019-03-19. The third time something related to that repo trends. Hacker news people really like that repo!
- How to run a program without an operating system? on 2018-11-26. Covers x86 and ARM.
- ELF Hello World Tutorial on 2017-05-17
- x86 Paging Tutorial on 2017-03-02. Number 1 Google search result for “x86 Paging” in 2017-08.
- x86 Assembly
- Linux kernel
- What do the flags in /proc/cpuinfo mean?
- How does kernel get an executable binary file running under linux?
- Is it possible to install the linux kernel alone?
- How to debug the Linux kernel with GDB and QEMU?
- Can the sys_execve() system call in the Linux kernel receive both absolute or relative paths?
- What is the difference between the kernel space and the user space?
- Is there any API for determining the physical address from virtual address in Linux?
- Why do people write the
#!/usr/bin/envpython shebang on the first line of a Python script?
- How to create a custom Linux distro that runs just one program and nothing else?
- What is the difference between the following kernel Makefile terms: vmLinux, vmlinuz, vmlinux.bin, zimage & bzimage?
- C / C++
- IEEE 754
- Git internals
- Systems programming
- Non technical
- Scientific software
Larger cross-breeds of tutorials, unit tests and cheatsheets.
Not bad either:
- Databases: MySQL, SQLite
- x86 Instruction Encoding Tutorial